An Act to provide for the establishment of a Land Reform Board.
Whereas it is expedient to provide for the establishment of a Land Reform Board to determine the implementation of the land reform programme and a just land legislation;
It is enacted as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) This Act may be called
the Land Reform Board Act,1989.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 26th Caitra, 1395/9th April, 1989, accordingly.
2. Definition.- In this Act, "Board" means the Land Reform Board.
3. Supremacy of the Act.- The provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder shall have effect notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any other law for the time being in force.
4. The establishment of a Land Reform Board.- (1) As soon as
possible after the commencement of this Act the Government shall by notification
in the official Gazette establish a Board called Land Reform Board.
(2) The Board shall consist of a Chairman and not more than two other members.
(3) The Chairman and the other members of the Board shall be appointed by the Government, and the conditions of their service shall be determined by the Government.
5. Functions of the Board.- The functions of the Board shall be the following, namely:-
(a) exercising the powers and responsibilities given by the Government related to land reform and land legislation;6. Power to make rules.- The Government may by notification in the official Gazette make rules for the purpose of this Act.
(b) exercising the powers and responsibilities given by, or under, any law.
7. Repeal and savings.- (1) The Land Reform Board Ordinance,
1989 (Ordinance No.1, 1989), is herewith repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal anything done or any measure taken under the repealed Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under this Act.