Advanced Course in Spoken Sanskrit
11th February - 1st March 2013
Śādvala - Center for Sanskrit Studies in Goa, India
This advanced course aims at extending and deepening the skill of spoken Sanskrit and using the language on a regular basis. The course will continue further after the beginner's level course in Heidelberg. Advanced grammar will be introduced to strengthen the lucid style of speaking such as using passive and intransitive passive voices in all three tenses to express day-to-day conversation. Specific uses of vibhakti-bound words will be introduced to the students for their benefit. More subhāṣitas will be memorized and learned with an extensive explanation in lucid Sanskrit within the frame of teaching grammar and new words.
Another aim of this residential course is to use only Sanskrit as the medium of communication among the participants and the teacher during the three weeks period of staying in Goa.
There will be four hours of teaching every day from Monday to Friday and an hour of recitation of Śivastotrāvalī of Utpaladeva in the morning and evenings.
To ensure focussed individual attention, the maximum strength of the course is limited to seven participants.
Dr. Das is presently working as Sanskrit lecturer at the University of Leipzig, Germany. He received a PhD from the Centre of Advance Study in Sanskrit, University of Pune. Since last 15 years he has taught summer schools in spoken Sanskrit in several universities in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain and Australia. Since 1999 he has been teaching spoken Sanskrit in our annually Summer Schools in Spoken Sanskrit.
Venue: Śādvala Center for Sanskrit Studies
The center is located in an idyllic village Narve, 14 Kms east of Panjim on the banks of Mandovi river. A number of temples surround the area, which is close to the Mayem lake and Chorao bird sanctuary.
The house is built according to the traditional style with a big courtyard at the center and garden around it.
The course is organized by Prof. Dr. Axel Michaels
Downlaod the announcement as PDF
Payment of Fees
- Course fee, inclusive of teaching materials: 400 Euros.
- Accommodation: 290 EUR (from 10th Feb. till 2nd Mar. 2013, incl. vegetarian meals and refreshments)
- Course fee and accommodation charges (690 EUR) together must be paid by 30th Nov. 2012, at latest, by cheque or transfer to the following account.
- Fees and accommodation charges must be paid only after confirmation of admission to the course by the organizers.
- Fees and accommodation charges, once paid, is not refundable.
- Account details for payment of fees:
- Heidelberg University
- Acc. no. 7421 5004 36
- Baden-Wuerttembergische Bank Stuttgart, BLZ 600 501 01
- Re: SAI Advanced Sanskrit 2013, K-Stelle: 97028000
- Iban: DE69 6005 0101 7421 5004 36
- BIC: SOLADEST