Research Fellowship of the Federal State of Baden-Württemberg
The Federal State of Baden-Württemberg Fellowship at South Asia Institute (SAI), Heidelberg University was established as a professorial research fellowship for Indian academics under the Indo-German Cultural Exchange Programme. It was initiated in 1986 by the then minister-president (Ministerpräsdent) of the Federal State of Baden-Württemberg, Lothar Späth.
To this date it has brought more than twenty scholars from India to Germany.They find in Heidelberg and the SAI in particular an ideal place for research and exchange with colleagues, who are deeply indulged into interdisciplinary study on South Asia. The range of disciplines that fellowship holders stem from includes Economics, Anthropology, Geography, History, Indology, Political Science and South Asian Studies. The fellowship is announced in India by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the selection is conducted with consultancy of the SAI-directorate. Recent fellowship-holders include:
- Dr. Siddhartha Mukerji, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow.
- Professor Suri, Department of Political Science at University of Hyderabad.
- Prof. Monica Singhania, Professor, Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi
- Prof. Tana Showren, Professor of Modern History, (Oral Traditions & History of North East India) and Head, Department of History, Rajiv Gandhi University, Rono Hills, Doimukh-791112, District Papum Pare, Arunachal Pradesh (India)
- Dr. Alok Kumar Mishra, School of Economics, University of Hyderabad
- Prof. Parul Dave Mukherji, Professor, School of Arts and Aesthetics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
- Dr Anil Kumar Mohapatra, Assistant Professor, P.G. Department of Political Science, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar (Odisha), India (2012-13).
- Prof. Mohd Sultan Bhat, Professor in the Department of Geography & Regional Development, Kashmir University, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir India (20011/2012)
- Prof. Anjali Gera Roy, Professor in the Department of Humanities of Social Sciences at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (2011)
- Prof. Dr. Tanka B. Subba, Professor of Anthropology at North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong (2010/2011)
- Prashant Negi, Assistant Professor, Dr. K./R. Narayanan Centre for Dalit & Minorities Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (2010)
- Prof. Dr. M.S. Nathawat, Department of Remote Sensing & Geoninformatics, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (2009/2010)
- Prof. Dr. Mohammed Badrul Alam, Department of Political Science, Jamia Millia Islamia University, Okhla, New Delhi (2008/2009)
- Prof. Qazi Afzal Husain, Department of Urdu, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (2007/2008)
- Dr. Girija Prasad Pande, Department of History, Kumaun University, Nainital (2007/2008)
- Dr. Amit Dey, Reader in History, University of Calcutta, Kolkata (2006/2007)
- Prof. Prakash C. Sarangi, Department of Political Science, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad (2006/2007)
- Prof. P. P. Raveendran, School of Letters, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam (2005/2006)
- Dr. Jayantha Sengupta, Department of History, Jadavpur University, Kolkata (2005/2006)
- Prof. Biswamoy Pati, Department of History, Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi (2004/2005)
- Prof. Anupa Pande, National Museum Institute of Art History, National Museum, New Delhi (2003/2004)
- Prof. Lakshmi Narayan Raut, Department of History, Berhampur University, Berhampur, Orissa (2002/2003)
- Prof. Dilip Mohite, Department of Political Science, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara (2001/2002)
- Dr. Apurba Rabi Ghosh, Department of Geography, University of Calcutta, Kolkata (2000/2001)
- Dr. Harihar Bhattacharyya, Department of Political Science, University of Burdwan, Burdwan, West Bengal (1999/2000)