Prof. P.C. Sarangi, Ph.D.Baden-Württemberg Fellow 2006 (April - July)
- 1984: Ph.D. (Political Science), University of Rochester/New York
- 1975: M.A. (Political Science), University of Delhi
- 1998- : Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Hyderabad (since 2004 Head of Department)
- 1987-1998: Reader, Department of Political Science, University of Hyderabad
Awards and Honors
- 2000: Fulbright Visiting Lecturer Award, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2000: Fellow, Salzburg Seminar, Session 384
- 2002: Linnaeus Palme Fellow, University of Uppsala, Sweden
- 2004: Fulbright Visiting Specialist Award, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Liberal Theories of State: Contemporary Perspectives (New Delhi : Sterling, 1996).
- Political Exchange and Public Policy: A Cross-National Analysis (New Delhi: Concept, 1990).
- “Economic Reform and Party System in India ”, in: Jos Mooij (ed.), The Politics of Economic Reform in India, New Delhi: Sage, 2005, pp.71-97.
- “Telugu Desam Party: The Dialectics of Regional Identity and National Politics” in: Subrata Mitra, Mike Enskat and Clemens Spiess (eds.), Political Parties in South Asia (Westport, Connecticut/London: Praeger, 2004)
- “Economic Liberalisation, Social Transformation and Party System in India”, Review of Development and Change, Vol.VI, No.1, 2001.
- “Determinants of Policy Change: A Cross-National Analysis”, European Journal of Political Research, XIV, 1986, pp.23-44.
- “Party and Party System: A Conceptual Analysis”, Political Science Review, 23 (3&4), July-December, pp.189-207.
- “Role of State in an Era of Globalization” in: Rajen Harshe (ed.), Interpreting Globalization (New Delhi: Sage, 2004).
- Political Theory
- Political Sociology of India
- Public Policy-Making.