Dr. Pervaiz Iqbal Cheema
Biographische DatenDr. Pervaiz Iqbal Cheema was born at Sialkot in 1940.
- From November 1996 until September 2000, Dr. Cheema was the Professorial Iqbal Fellow at the South Asia Institute, teaching and doing research in the Department of Political Science of South Asia. He left the SAI to go back to his home-country Pakistan.
- Dr. Cheema has been a teacher for some 28 years both inside Pakistan and abroad.
- Until July 1995, Dr. Cheema was a Professor of International Relations, Quaid- i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Thereafter he joined the Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan in the capacity of a Director General, Academy of Educational Planning and Management.
- Dr. Cheema also served as the Chairman of the International Relations Department as well as Defence and Strategic Studies Department for many years.
- Educated at Sialkot and then at Government College, Lahore, where he completed his Master's in History.
- Master's in Political Science at Punjab University
- Certificate in Peace Research and International Relations at Oslo University (Norway)
- Diploma in International Relations at Vienna University (Austria)
- M. Litt. in Strategic Studies from Aberdeen University (U.K.)
- Ph.D. at Quaid-i-Azam University (Pakistan)
Veröffentlichungen (Auswahl)Dr. Cheema is a scholar of international repute. His many books and monographs include:
- A Select Bibliography of Periodical Literature on India and Pakistan 1947-1970 in three volumes
- Sanctuary and War
- Conflict and Cooperation in the Indian Ocean: Pakistan's Interest and Choice